Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"What do you like to do?" This is a questions that I have always hated to be asked. What do I like to do? Well, I like to eat, sleep, listen to music, and read. These seem like answers that most would find generic and uninteresting. I suppose I'm not exciting. I don't answer with a "I like to play violin, go skydiving, snowboarding and making my own clothes." That seems like an interesting person. But alas, I am not an interesting person.

I don't know what my interests are. I wish I was cool. I guess everyone wished they were cool. I also wish I had artistic skills. I study art history because I envy their talent and minds. Maybe hoping I could actually learn something.

I'm too old to learn to play an instrument. "You're never too old to learn!" people tell me when I say that I am. Learning to play an instrument should be a complete process of learning how to read notes, how to treat your instrument, and perfecting the skill. That is why kids are taught young, because it takes a while.

I am a horrible writer. I used to think I was good. Boy, was I wrong. I like to write, I guess. I wish I did it more often. I had schoolmates in AP English who I was incredibly jealous of because they always received praise for their work. Why didn't I? Was I horrible? How do I become better?

Sometimes I disgust myself with so much complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment